The Ultimate Shopping Guide to Minneapolis South
There are so many shopping adventures to be had within 20 minutes of Mall of America®. The best part? Clothes and shoes are tax-free in Minnesota. So, bring an empty suitcase and get ready for some serious shopping in Minneapolis South!
12 minutes from Mall of America
Burnsville, Minnesota is an affordable place to stay outside of the Twin Cities, and has so much to offer with shopping, dining, and the Ames Center which is a cultural hub. Be sure to check out all these unique shopping adventures before you head home!
- Burnsville Center: This indoor facility has all of your favorites such as Macy’s, JCPenny, Old Navy, and Dick’s Sporting Goods.
- Ficus & Fig: Find specialty home decor, kitchenware, unique gifts, and cozy essentials. This is the perfect place to treat yourself or someone special in your life!
- Refit Athletic: Does anyone else cringe when paying $70 for workout pants? Well, cringe no more because Refit Athletic is a high-end consignment shop for women’s workout gear.
- Bridal Gowns: Find beautiful (tax-free) gowns at Effie’s Bridal Trunk and Bridal Accents Couture. Make a weekend of it and explore the area as a bride-to-be!
9 minutes from Mall of America
In Eagan, Minnesota you will find an amazing outlet mall, beautiful parks, and the new Twin Cities Orthopedic Performance Center, home of the Minnesota Vikings and their annual training camp . While the guys watch football, make the most of your time in Eagan and do some serious shopping!
- Central Park Commons: The newest retail development in Eagan has great places to shop like Marshall’s, DSW, Sierra Trading Post, and Ulta.
- Promenade Shopping Center: Enjoy popular stores like Barnes & Noble, Pier One Imports, and more.
- Town Centre Shops: Who doesn’t love to shop at Kohl’s? Town Centre Shops also has other places to browse like Big Lots, Walmart and more!
- Twin Cities Premium Outlets: A true bargain-shoppers dream featuring over 100 stores! Save up to 65% on items at outlets/factory stores for Eddie Bauer, Express, Banana Republic, Gap, J. Crew and more!
20 minutes from Mall of America
Lakeville, Minnesota is home to a charming downtown and, you guessed it…lakes and outdoor fun! Here you will find specialty boutiques and other truly unique shopping experiences.
- Board and Batton: This boutique specializes in everything from her to home and boasts affordable prices!
- Twin Cities Harley Davidson: Welcome to bikers’ heaven! Find new and pre-owned rides, clothing, parts, and everything else you need to hit the road.
- Midwest Saddleseat Consignment and Pleasant Hills Saddle Shop: Truly unique shop for equestrians, and Midwest Saddleseat offers consignment items for extra savings!
- Reina’s Boutique: The newest boutique in Lakeville offers hand selected jewelry, accessories and clothing. You will also find a generous supply of plus-sized clothing!
- ReStored Thrift Store: This thrift store has clothes, furniture, gifts, and more for a discounted rate, and offers ministry services to the community.
- World of Games: Tap into your nerdy side with game counsels, comic books, and Magic cards!
Discover more places to shop here and make the most of your time in Minneapolis South – the gateway to the Twin Cities. For more information about shopping, dining, and lodging in Minneapolis South, follow us on Facebook!